CARBON-X® - Low friction even under tough conditions
- Outstanding wear resistance due to high hardness
- Low friction and reduced sticking of work piece material
- Enhanced tool performance and longer lifetime
CARBON-X® is a new low-friction a-C:H based DLC coating from eifeler.
Thanks to its high hardness CARBON-X® is the right choice for applications where high abrasive wear occurs and softer tribological coatings reach their limits.
Additionally, the welding of work piece material to tooling is significantly reduced resulting in extended tool life.
The design of eifeler’s CARBON-X® coating delivers top performance even under the toughest conditions.
- Cutting of non-ferrous metals
- Blanking / piercing of non-ferrous metals
- Cold work
- Injection molding tools
|Hardness||2400 ± 400|
|Coefficient of friction against 100Cr6 steel:||0.05 – 0.15|
|Layer thickness [µm] :||1.5 – 2.5|
|Maximum application temperature:||325° C / 617° F|